Mission

Mission

Find out more about local and overseas missions by Sure Hope ChurchIn a sermon during 2013, Pastor Dave said that it wasn’t ‘mission impossible’ – it was ‘mission Him-possible.’ All things are possible with God.

it’s not ‘mission impossible’ – it’s ‘mission Him-possible’

But what is the church’s mission?

Not an easy question to answer, and if you use Google to ask that question you come up with many interesting ideas. But it all boils down to one thing – the ‘Great Commission’ –

“Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.”

Mark 16:15

That’s our mission – given to us by Jesus Himself. It’s clear, concise, brief and clear. There’s no room for ambiguity. So, how do we – as a church – follow that instruction?

Sure Hope Church supports a number of missions, both at home and overseas. It’s a staggering statistic that says that only 2% of the people of Wales are born again! So we have a mission right here on our doorstep – to preach the Good News to the other 98%!

Some, however, are called to serve on missions overseas, and we at Sure Hope Church support a growing number of overseas, and a few of us have travelled overseas on mission trips in the past. It is hoped that we will be organising regular overseas mission trips in the future. Please contact us for further information.


View posts relating to mission: